Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Review: The Beard Made Me Do It

The Beard Made Me Do It The Beard Made Me Do It by Lani Lynn Vale
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

First love.
A second chance.
Two people from different worlds, but she never saw it that way - unless it was in front of her parents...
That's all it took to end their relationship, one slip of the tongue, meant to protect but it had the exact opposite affect.
Fast forward fourteen years Jessie's got a good life, it's not perfect but he's working hard to care for his son and keep a roof over their heads while prospecting.
The last person he wants to see is Ellen, he's held onto his anger for years but he's also never forgotten their time together or gotten over her.
Ellen on the other hand has spent 14 years miserable, not knowing why he disappeared or what she did wrong. He broke her and she's never been able to fully recover from that and move on.
Now their all grown up and in the same place, there's no reason two people who loved each other all those years ago can't be in the same place and either ignore each other or be civil right?

I couldn't wait to get Jessie & Ellen's story, these books just keep getting better. While I'll always have my favorite character, my favorite story in the series I can't help but fall for each new couple.
As always the writing is great, the story flows and kept me rooted in place until the end.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment